LOG ERROR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

360GUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm using a PERDIX AI

Back in Feb 2021, I got EANx certified. During that certification, I did a 2-tank EANx dive.

Since that day, I have never again used EANx - Most dive shops in PV don't offer it.

OK...I downloaded my logs onto my desktop Shearwater app. I do see the original EANx dives from back in February -- However -- Six other logged dives show "3 gas Nitrox" in the "GAS" column.

Again, used EANx only once. Naturally, I changed the setting, back to AIR, following those initial dives, yet, those 6 random dives show "3 Gas Nitrox."

I've attached a screenshot of the RANDOM (incorrect) loggings...

I'd welcome any thoughts. Thanks.

Attachments

• C621F8A6-0E2C-4216-920A-FE45FDF9F637_4_5005_c.jpeg
    C621F8A6-0E2C-4216-920A-FE45FDF9F637_4_5005_c.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 62
I think what you're seeing is the mode the computer was in on those dives, not the gas that was used. Air mode doesn't let you change gases while 3 gas nitrox mode lets you switch between up to 3 gases with different oxygen compositions (this could include air). I don't use the Shearwater app, and I think the name of the mode was changed in a recent update, but I wouldn't worry about this. Wherever you can see greater details about your dive, you should be able to see the oxygen content of your gas. 3 gas nitrox definitely isn't a particular gas, so that information should be somewhere. If the oxygen percentage is something other than 21, that's something to look at but I'd suggest changing modes on your computer to get familiar with them. In any Nitrox mode, you should be able to see your oxygen percentage on the Perdix directly (and adjust it to 21% if you're on air).

Edit: Found the change. Here's a screenshot from the Shearwater change log for firmware updates:
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.56.53 PM.png

It's page 10 of this link: https://www.shearwater.com/wp-conte...erdixAI-Perdix-Nerd-2-v84-Release-Notes-1.pdf

The latest Shearwater software update is responsible for the 3 gas nitrox mode.

If you set one gas to 21% and use that gas then the computer should show AIR on the main screen when you are diving.

I normally switch the other gasses off, but they are available if I use them (e.g 34%) on a subsequent dive rather than re-setting the computer for another gas.

That's exactly what happened. It was the MODE setting. I knew the computer was calculating my dives with AIR, because I'm constantly looking at it...Turns out, the MODE was set incorrectly...or, incorrectly for my needs, at the time...

Anyway...problem solved. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom