Log/Download for Aeris Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

I recently got a new PC and the old Aeris ACI software will not seem to connect/download from my old Elite T3. Has anyone had any luck with other software that will 1)download successfully from the Elite T3 and 2)Import the old Aeirs .dlg file (or the exported logs)?

thanks,

Scott

1. Yes. I've used Subsurface (free, open-source, cross-platform) and Divemate (Android, free + $ for "extension pack" required to transfer dives) to transfer data from my T3 and other computers.

I think that you can import the exported logs into other software directly, or it's pretty easy to convert them to another form (CSV file, for example) that can be imported.

Sven - do you happen to know which Import item to select to read the .dlg? Aeris is not on the list.

Thank you

Sven - do you happen to know which Import item to select to read the .dlg? Aeris is not on the list.

Sorry I forgot: it's the "Oceanlog" import function. Make sure the Aeris software is running at the same time with the same logbook file opened. If it does not work, run both apps with administrator rights (right click the shortcut). Let me know if you have still problems.

Sorry I forgot: it's the "Oceanlog" import function. Make sure the Aeris software is running at the same time with the same logbook file opened. If it does not work, run both apps with administrator rights (right click the shortcut). Let me know if you have still problems.
Looking for other feedback as I've yet to be able to get the T3 to sync. It is most likely a driver issue, but I've done the suggested install but still is not working.

The suggestion above was about importing the *.dlg logbook file from the Aeris software. Unfortunately 3rd party logbook apps do not contain any drivers, so normally either Windows have to install the driver automatically from Windows Update or you need to install the manufacturer software in order to get the drivers. If both fails, you may be out of luck.

But to investigate this further, you have to check Windows device manager to see if there are any errors when the interface is connected or if the COM port was installed correctly. If it was, you should see the COM port appearing in the download dialog of Diving Log and you can select it. You can also activate "Log errors" in the download dialog and send me the resulting error log via email.

Back
Top Bottom