Log Chamber Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voidware

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So, what do you guys think? Say I get bent and complete table 6 in a chamber, can I log that as a dive? :) I've always wanted to go for a ride in a chamber. What do you think is the best way to go visit the chamber? Can I just call DAN @Duke (ehh, duke) and ask them if I could observe?

brandon

It's your record... log it anyway you want to.
Personally, I'd log it in my log book for archival purposes, but wouldn't include it in my count of "Scuba Dives."
Rick

Lots of places will let you do a pot dive. It could be a winter club trip.

Why do you log? For your own interest to record the things you have done... log it, So you can work out your nitrogen levels for repetitive dives... log it, so you can say 'I've go more dives than you'... Log your pool dives and that time you tested your gear in the bath:D

so you can say 'I've go more dives than you'... Log your pool dives and that time you tested your gear in the bath

hrm, I wonder if I could log pool & bathtub freedives... :wink:

Note: The above was in fact meant as a joke. :)

chrispete once bubbled...
hrm, I wonder if I could log pool & bathtub freedives... :wink:
[

Sure. I have a number of dives at a max depth of 6' logged on my Vyper. :rolleyes:

Skills and buddy breathing, buoyancy check, equipment and new computer testing all have gotten me into my pool.

What do you think is the best way to go visit the chamber?

:wink:

Funny O-Ring...reminds of the joke on how to get kicked out of your OW class by telling your instructor you'll race him to the surface :)

Anyway...as far as a good way to visit the chamber - my club is doing a chamber trip down to Chicago - check out www.divewisconsin.net for more info under the Upcoming Activities section.

Dear Readers:

It has been my experience that divers love to record dives made in a chamber, especially if they are long and/or deep. I observed this during the Decompression Physiology class (ATTACHMENT) when it was held in Seattle, Washington, and for many of the test subjects when they were in the PADI/DSAT Table testing program.

This was also true of students from a Seattle area dive school who considered it valuable to record they fact that they had additional chamber experience - - the more the better.=-)
Dr Deco :doctor:

Hey Void,

I know you live around Greensboro, a huge part of DAN is right over in the Duke Hyperbaric chamber and they are always looking for volunteers. There is big flying after diving study going on right now. They pay $120 or so for you time.

Make sure you review what you will be doing, as my buddy says, it is not a very good test if no one gets bent...

You are in one of the world's premier chambers, huge (actually 8 separate chambers in one, 3 stories)

and one of the world's best hospitals so if you do get bent you are in good hands.

A couple of the attendees work with the WKPP to use them as guinea pigs.

Tommy

Thanks Tommy.

Im the kind of person who likes to know what Im getting into, I like to be prepared.

Going into a Chamber after a dose of DCS is an unknown factor for me (fortunatly).

So with the info you provided, I signed up for the 2-3 Day experiment. Cant hurt to know what its all about. I think it could be a great exerience.

Many Thanks
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom