Log book software for UDDF files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidnik77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am gonna buy a xDEEP black BT and i would like to ask with what software logbook do you download it.
I have a suunto stinger which lately died,
and i was very satisfied with the SDM 3 and all the details you could keep on it and print them.
After trying the subsurface software which for an unknown reason doesn't work on my laptop,
i am on search for another software.
What do you suggest?

I use Diving Log 5.0, and it is a nice comprehensive dive log software, and it supports UDDF.
Have used SDM 4, Subsurface and Shearwater Desktop in the past, but now uses only Diving Log 5 (still uses SDM 4 and Shearwater to import from computer, then import to Diving log from those applications since Diving log doesn't have direct download for my PDCs.)

Last edited:
Thank you for the answers ,
with both of these softwares i had some issues so i am looking for something else.
If you want, you can contact me about the issues and I'm sure we will find a solution.

Have used SDM 4, Subsurface and Shearwater Desktop in the past, but now uses only Diving Log 5 (still uses SDM 4 and Shearwater to import from computer, then import to Diving log from those applications since Diving log doesn't have direct download for my PDCs.)
Both, Diving Log and Subsurface are using libdivecomputer, which supports most Suunto computers as well as Shearwater Petrel and Predator. Please have a look at the "Universal Downloader" in Diving Log to see if your dive computer is now supported in the latest version.

Sven

If you want, you can contact me about the issues and I'm sure we will find a solution.

Both, Diving Log and Subsurface are using libdivecomputer, which supports most Suunto computers as well as Shearwater Petrel and Predator. Please have a look at the "Universal Downloader" in Diving Log to see if your dive computer is now supported in the latest version.

Sven

Thanks, got it to work after a bit of hacking, had to remove the petrel from the device list in control panel, then add it again, but now I added it with the option "use device pass code" (or something like that, I am using Norwegian windows version), and set the code to "0000", now I can download the log directly to Diving Log 5.0, of course if I download the logs with Shearwater Desktop everything is reset and I have to do this procedure again, not a big problem since I don't use Shearwater Desktop anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom