lodging and diving in placencia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't speak from personal experience, but my wife and I are headed to Placencia in June for two weeks in hopes of diving with the Whale Sharks.

We'll be using Splash as our dive shop and staying at Dianni's Guest House.

I chose Splash because Ralph Capeling, one of the co-owners, is a regular poster here and he was able to answer all my questions. We are doing a "Whale Shark package" and made the reservations at Dianni's through Splash. I chose Dianni's to save some money.

So I'm hoping you'll write up a trip report here when you get back and post your experience.

We spent 2 weeks there in Sept. I chose to stay @ Laru Beya and dive with Brian Young @ Sea Horse. Laru Beya is not an inexpensive stay but the difference is well worth the money.Tim and Lizbeth (managers) will accomadate any request and the chef Ranell is a pleasure to dine with.
Brian @ Sea Horse along with his crew are punctual and will pick you up at the resort ready to dive. Most sites are 30-45 min. boat ride but the time goes quickly while playing with the dolphins on the way out. Sea horse runs 6 pack boats and limits the # of divers.
Splash is a friendly bunch, all very pleasent, I just prefer a smaller boat.

Back
Top Bottom