LOCKNESS dive boat 2007 schedule posting soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DunWellDnG

Registered
Reaction score
Check the website for the new, 2007 schedule coming soon!

http://www.locknessdiveboat.net/

The Lockness is a beautiful 48' Breaux Brother's craft. She comfortably holds 45 divers and all their gear plus the captain and first mate. We depart from the south shore of Long Island and have dives in and around the bays, inlets and the Atlantic Ocean.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

DunWellDnG:
She comfortably holds 45 divers and all their gear plus the captain and first mate.

Comfortably holds FORTY FIVE divers?

:rofl3:

I don't know the boat at all, but that's gotta be either a typo or a lie.

Actually USCG certified for 45 passengers, but I don't doubt that 45 divers could be carried.

jpcpat:
Actually USCG certified for 45 passengers, but I don't doubt that 45 divers could be carried.

Not sure I'd use USCG certification numbers as a guide to whether the boat can COMFORTABLY carry 45 divers.

The boat I frequent here in NJ is ten feet longer, only certified for 32 divers, and we NEVER take more than 20 and that's really pushing it from a crowding standpoint.

To me - and I was on a boat like this over the weekend - if you're talking about divers and gear IN the cabin, gearing up in there, and making your way out to the dive platform you're pushing it. So by that criteria, that would mean you'd need 45 divers on the back of the boat, which would be nuts.

can anyone tell me the bunk arrangements on the lockness? doubles singles? is there room for camera gear and lots of charging stations?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom