Locking 9-14mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sooke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Is it really necessary to lock this lens (or any other lens when storing the camera.( E-M-1-MK-II). I find the lens gear (for PT-14 housing) bit of a pain to remove and set the lock slide button every time I store the camera for a week or so. Long term, yes but for a week at a time is it necessary to lock it?

The only problems I've encountered were when I locked a lens - the Olympus 14-42mm which has a ribbon circuit, the ribbon flexes as the lens is locked and unlocked, eventually that ribbon flexed one too many times and the lens became useless as the camera 'thinks' the lens is constantly locked. So, I never lock the replacement, and leave the zoom gear in place for weeks if not months at a time.

I have used Oly for the last 15 years and have never locked a lens. The only one I will consider is my 100-400 new lens and that is due ot weight, as at this time I have never locked that but I hear it will become easier to slide open whilst you cary it later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom