Loch Ness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C-horse

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody ever dove Loch Ness ? When I tell people about the possibility of diving in Loch Ness they think I'll be eaten by a sea monster. That's pretty darn funny. My guess is Loch Ness is COLD and murky, obviously a dry suit adventure.

my instructor has dived it and said it was the darkest dive he's ever done - and that was during the day..... Also pretty darn cold too....

Are you planning a trip?

I'd like to dive Loch Ness someday, but that's mainly because I want to go to Scotland anyway. However, for a while I'm gonna stick to Mexico and Honduras.

loch ness has crystal clear water which is stained orange by the surrounding peat moors. This colour absorbs all the daylight below 10 m. Air bubbles shimmer to the surface in showers of gold. The sky shrinks into a little red dot as you descend into the darkness. a good entry is at the little beach halfway along the north side of the loch beside the hostal. a mud slope descends to 35m and drops off to shelves of pink granite strewn with boulders and crevices at about 45m. beyond this granite cliffs plummit 200m down into the abyss. the water is pure and clean, no current and surf, there is quite a bit of life but the dive is mainly an adrenalin surging descent into the unknown. dry suit required, temp 10 deg to 20deg at surface in summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom