Local wind sheltered swimming/freediving areas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi locals, looking for advice on where to get in the water now that it’s blown out and rough on the beach, for instance are there any places behind the barrier islands that are good for swimming and have public access? Mind you I am the type of girl who will get in the water in weird places: I got into Coral Creek behind the condo the other day but the water was only about 2 feet deep and very murky. I didn’t have a flag and I got out when I realized that a fishing boat could run over me like a manatee and I would be pinned between it and the bottom! Good weather or bad, I’d like to get my gills wet, please advise!

I used to snorkel behind the barrier islands south of Ft. myers. Often the water was crystal clear and the mangrove roots packed with fish. Also the occasional dolphin, initially mistaken for a shark.

I used to snorkel behind the barrier islands south of Ft. myers. Often the water was crystal clear and the mangrove roots packed with fish. Also the occasional dolphin, initially mistaken for a shark.
Oh sounds cool!

Flying is the next best thing to weightlessness..... Is that spelt right?

then fly......

Last edited:
Recently the guy told me he didn’t want to try scuba diving because he thought he would feel claustrophobic, and I told him that I’d heard that from others, but that diving in good visibility was the closest thing to what I imagine flying like a bird might be like.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom