Lobster Walk 10/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charter boats don't have a 250 limit there limit is in accordance with the number of passengers with the recreational crawfish sticker. A commercial DIVER license has a 250 limit. Also you can't combine commercial with recreational on the same trip.:wink:

Thanks for the clarification on the Charter Boat rule. That still does not mean you can share..

"People harvesting may not exceed their individual bag limit and take someone else's bag limit. That is, people (including children) who are not actively harvesting or are not properly licensed (if a license is required) may NOT be counted for purposes of bag limits."

So each diver has to have their own bag? A two diver team can't use a single bag between them? Is this explicitly stated in the regulations or is it interpretation? If so, I need to buy a bag for my wife just in case we ever get more than 6 in a dive.

It would be pretty hard to catch someone underwater catching a lobster and putting it in a friends bag. It would be real easy for the marine patrol to ask for someones bag on surfacing, 7 lobster in the bag, you have a ticket.

If you want to discuss means to circumvent the laws, we can certainly have that discussion if the moderators want to allow it. However, 7 bugs in a person's bag is illegal. Sometimes in the keys, FWC staff will pull up on a dive flag and dive down and present a badge and require the diver to ascend with the bag. Possesion occurs underwater and is not delayed until the diver surfaces, gets on the boat, shares lobster, measures shorts or checks for eggs...:shakehead:. Are so many divers so ignorant of the laws?

My point was that if you have two divers and two bags, one with 6 lobsters, one with three lobsters if you put a legal lobster in the bag and your buddy puts a lobster in the bag for a total of 5 in one bag and six in the other it should be a non-issue. If you surface with 7 in your bag and 5 in his, you're going to get ticketed, even though the total for the two divers is 12.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A mistake was made by a ScubaBoard user. All posts referencing the user or their post has been removed.

Florida Law is clear on this.

There is a 6 lobster limit for each hunter. There is no allowance to share your catch legally. You must have a current license and a crawfish endorsement.
There are other things to know, so please take the time to read and learn the law before you go hunting.

Just to get things back on track, Heard the folks that tried it Thursday and today all limited. If the T-Storms hold off, I'll be out there for my six tomorrow.

As an aside, I don't think anyone was done a favor by having posts altered and deleted. The thread was very educational, informative and well mannered. I think it should have remained.

The weatherman gave us a pleasant surprise this morning after a night of rain. Lots of bugs on the reef. 3 divers all limited on the 1st tank. Lots of shore divers out there too. Anybody hear of a walk close in shore? Hoping the weatherman is kind tomorrow. Would like to dive two tanks and then watch some football.

Didn't go yesterday, not going today and tomorrow looks doubtful. Haven't been since saturday. But, this latest blow should make it pretty good when ever it decides to let up. Time to get out the 3 mm and just be ready.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom