Lobster Mini-Season 7/28 - 29/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to dive in the Daytona area for mini season, give us a call.
$75, 2 tank, 2 trips wed and 2 on thursday.
Boat has permits so if you don't have your crawfish stamp already, you don't need it.
For more info call or e-mail
Oceanus Dive Center
OceanusDC@yahoo.com
or
386-986-1199

Scubaguy62:
One matter comes to mind....what do we do about parking?

Maybe we can drop gear at Hibiscus, then park down along Commerical - there are some municipal parking spots around 2 blocks from A1A. I've used them several times, and the walk's not too bad, especially with company.

BTW, I got my license yesterday, have full tanks, and am ready to get in the water around 2330 if you guys are! (I had to re-schedule a few things with work, but that seems to be working out okay.)

So, meet at Marvel's around 1100 pm, and in the water ~20 minutes later?

Grier,

Did you pay resident or non-resident fee for the license? I have to pay non-resident because I haven't been here 6 consecutive months! :crying:

I paid resident - I pushed them at bit, and they looked up my SS# in their system, then approved it. Saved a few $.

I'm glad you got yours. Are you going this evening?

We decided to give the boat thing one more try. Anyway we've booked on Parrot Island's Fathoms O' Fun that departs the dock at 11:30pm tonight - show up at the dock at 11:00pm. There are still a couple of spots available as of this writing if anyone else wants to join us. Capt. Jerry guarantees :wink: he knows all the hot spots based on reports from the last few weeks.

Marc

GrierHPharmD:
So, meet at Marvel's around 1100 pm, and in the water ~20 minutes later?

Just be careful going in the water that early. State game officers are out in force, and if they even suspect you're snaring prior to midnight they'll be all over you tugging on your flag and generally hassling you. It happened to folks last year.

Given the popularity of the area you're diving, you might just want to wait until 11:50pm before hitting the water for a very visible surface swim, submerging at midnight.

Marc

Good advice - good luck this evening!

-Grier

GrierHPharmD:
good luck this evening!
-Grier

You too.

I decided to hedge my bets though and that's why the last minute change in plans. I wanted to actually catch something this year versus just having a nice dive. :D

Marc

Well, we've had a last minute change in plans of our own. Good luck tonight ya'll...I guess the babe and I will miss this mini-season :06:

Is anybody diving at Hibiscus tonight?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom