Lobos Rocks July 24, 2011 (Sunday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very bummed I had to miss out. Looks like you guys had a nice dive (until the end, when I got concerned about that monofilament looking stuff accumulating on you :)).

Very bummed I had to miss out. Looks like you guys had a nice dive (until the end, when I got concerned about that monofilament looking stuff accumulating on you :)).

The monofilament stuff accumalating on me was jellyfish tenacles (And yes, they did get on my lips).

I am sorry that you could not make it and I hope that you are feeling better. There is always next year, right, Michael?

Nice video, Mike. Looks like the vis was a lot better than what was reported on the Monterey side. I've never dived that site, and it looks like you had a fair amount of surge - how deep were you?

Guy

Nice video, Mike. Looks like the vis was a lot better than what was reported on the Monterey side. I've never dived that site, and it looks like you had a fair amount of surge - how deep were you?

Guy

The vis was about 15-20 ft deeper than 40 ft. Most of the dive was at 50 - 70 feet.

The monofilament stuff accumalating on me was jellyfish tenacles (And yes, they did get on my lips).

I am sorry that you could not make it and I hope that you are feeling better. There is always next year, right, Michael?

Very good chance of it happening again next year. Though if the race is happening again that weekend we might want to consider chartering a plane or limo :D

Very good chance of it happening again next year. Though if the race is happening again that weekend we might want to consider chartering a plane or limo :D
Or plan on leaving by 3:40 pm or so and you should miss 90% of the traffic since the last race ends around 4:30 pm.

We dove the outer reef by Butteryfly House and there was not enough surge to call it surge. We came down to Carmel later in the day, although I can't remember what charter boat you were on, but we spotted a couple including the BHII at Lobos, and I believe the Sanctuary just North of Carmel. We were on a white with green striped, C-Dory. Just an AWESOME day!!! Worth the traffic, but only because of the basking shark. Otherwise the diving was so so with 15' of vis. Still better than the North Coast at 2-3'.

Or plan on leaving by 3:40 pm or so and you should miss 90% of the traffic since the last race ends around 4:30 pm.
That means you have to either arrive earlier or not go as far. Arriving earlier means waking up earlier or going down the night before and not going as far south means not hitting some of the lesser done sites. And we were on the Silver Prince.

Back
Top Bottom