LOB in Maldives- Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CYK

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Pls advise on how much tipping is appropriate for a 7 days LOB in the Maldives. Also, what is the diving conditions: vis, water temp etc...

thanks y'all...

CYK:
Hi,

Pls advise on how much tipping is appropriate for a 7 days LOB in the Maldives. Also, what is the diving conditions: vis, water temp etc...

thanks y'all...

The Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section has a forum dedicated to Africa/Middle East. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in hopes it will get a response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Tipping is not really as prevelent being a more eurpoean destination. It is not madatory as it seems to be in the Caribbean although you will find that you want to make a tip because of the excellent service you will receive on the islands. I have visited 4 different ones and cannot fault any of them. Usually $2 or $3 a dive can be placed in a collection box at the end of the week for all the staff working at the dive centre. I usually give my room boy and waiter $2 a day and probably the same for a barman.

Vis is dependent on season, best being August, then Jan & Feb

water temp allways a very nice 28-30C

We just got back from a 7-day LOB in the Maldives today. We checked around with some of the guys on the same boat who have been coming back to the Maldives, and typically a tip of USD20 to USD30 is given. For our group, we each gave a tip of USD50. The LOB costs approx USD1k.

Visibility varies and the current at two of the dive sites was so strong that we "flown" through the dive. In general, the dives were great, and we had enjoyed ourselves very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom