Liveaboards to Channel Islands available again: Truth and Vision upgraded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are in Santa Barbara. Why don't you just go to the harbor and ask them?
I have. This is my second inquiry of having a open house. Maybe I’m wrong but I would be trying to build up my base, showing off the vessels with all the new changes. Probably something like a major grand opening, email all past dive clubs & divers. Celebrate the changes, come and see for yourself.

Good to see that someone decided to invest the money to update the boats.. Apparently you can make the changes and still run a trip. The best method to judge the changes will be on the boat with someone who knew the previous layout. Regardless of the boat design or history, 30+ people on a boat is still quite a bit so they still had a tall order to make it safer..

<<Skeptics coming with an agenda to fault-find might attend this 'open house' and post complaints, feeding into 'fear, uncertainty and doubt,' discouraging bookings before trips are generating positive reports.>>

I think that is the wrong attitude to have because that is essentially what got them to the tragedy i.e. as long as the diving was good, they ignored the safety issues. It shouldn't be difficult to defend the changes and if it is difficult to defend that means more improvements/changes have to be made. A good trip and safety aren't mutually exclusive and hopefully the new design can pass that test.

Back
Top Bottom