Liveaboard with unlimited diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whysocold

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Most of the liveaboards in Asia offer 3 dives per day and I want a boat that has a low cost per dive. Are there boats that offer unlimited dives per day or at least 4 or 5 dives per day?

I'm flexible on destination so anything in Asia is ok, but I'm thinking Raja Ampat, Komodo, or Palau.

The Bilikiki offers 5 dives a day. I think only 2 people missed 2 dives in the entire 10 day cruise. I got 2 4 dive days, most were 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mermaid liveaboards offer 4 dives per day. Dives are 75 minute dives instead of most places 60 minute dives. Also and if the boat is not moving to a new anchorage that 75 minutes can be stretched to sometimes 85 minute dive. They dive as 3 groups with 2 inflatables and if you are group 1 or 2 you can join group 3 the lazy group if you have the air left. Night dive are 60 minutes as you don't want to be late for dinner.

I've worked for and dived a lot with Siren Fleet and they offer 4 dives per day - 3 day and 1 night with dive times not limited to 60 minutes. I've managed a few 80/90 min dives and one 103 mins! They have boats in Komodo, Raja Ampat and Palau.

I think most liveaboards worldwide tend to offer at least 4 dives per day, except in the Maldives where 3 seems to be the norm with 1 or 2 night dives during a 7-night trip. I couldn't see myself wanting to do more than 4 if they are nice long ones as you need some time to eat and relax plus the crew have to fill tanks.

Back
Top Bottom