Liveaboard US$ Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeycanuk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of us who don't live in the USA, the rapid upswing in the US$ vs everyone else is sure making vacations priced in US$ 20-30% more expensive. :(

I'm curious as to why LOB's are all in US. Indo, Solomons, Palau etc are all US$. Yet they don't operate where costs are in US$. US owned maybe?

Thankfully our trip to RA (Misool) is in Euro's and is the same cost today as when I booked it. The Arenui isn't and has gone up by $2000..so far. It gets worse each day.

I can tell you LOB's are off the list for a while, it's nice I can find resorts that price in Euro's. I wonder if the LOB's will lower costs or pocket the difference?

Rant over...

The currency in Palau is US$ so that explains that country. Indonesia and the Solomons have their own currency, but I'm not sure if they float relative to the US$

For Indo it's a 30% drop in 2 years.

or the US$ goes 30% further than in did in 2013

Oh well it was great for us Canadians back in 2011/2, what goes up must come down. And when it comes down....it happens in a HURRY.
amazed.gif

Back
Top Bottom