Liveaboard to Similan islands in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babydoll

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in Phuket this spring and would like to go diving around the Similan islands for a few days. I want to depart on April 2 or 3 and do 4 days on board. It seems that MV Jazz and MV Pawara are departing around then that fits my price range and needs. However, here's my dilemma:

- MV Jazz returns one day before MV Pawara, which is easier for me to plan my flight to the next destination
- MV Pawara seems to be more spacious and nicer compared to MV Jazz

So I'm wondering if anyone has been on either of those boats that could give me some more information to help me make up my mind?? Are the staffs experienced and helpful? How are the living conditions (facilities/cleanliness/space on board, etc)?

Thanks a lot for helping me out in advance!

PS. It's just me and myself traveling this time. If anyone is interested in joining my trip, please let me know :D

Hi babydoll,

MV Jazz and MV Pawara are both great boats with highly experienced staff and fantastic food and clean and comfortable.

MV Jazz is a bit cheaper, has small groups (usually only four) and less divers on-board.

MV Pawara has some Japanese staff and is a really spacious boat with lots of space in the lounges and saloon but there is only one place avaialable on the trip departing on 3April.

Have a great trip...wish I could come too!

Both really good boats with great staff - you'll have a great trip, whichever boat you go for.....Enjoy :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom