Liveaboard to Myanmar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It has been a while since I have lived in Thailand, so excuse this question.

What liveaboards run to Myanmar during the early part of the year?

I thought the Mermaid 1 did. (probably others as well but I know some of the people on the Mermaid.)

I think the Ocean Rover has it on one of its itineraries.

Ocean Rover, Anggun, Mermaid and Dive Master are some of the major Liveaboards operating in Myanmar. There's about half a dozen more smaller vessels as well including Sai Mai, some boats from SEAL and one of Colona's vessels. Ocean Rover and Anggun are the safest and best equipped (up to IMO standards) vessels and will offer you up to 5 dives a day. Those two boats are not cheap but then again; you get what you pay for!

Belushi:
What liveaboards run to Myanmar during the early part of the year?

Burma Liveaboards Overview

From now until April is the best time to dive in the Mergui Archipelago. The season is a little shorter than for the Similan Islands, as you really do not want to be stuck up there in bad weather. What kind of length trip are you looking at? If you want to see the best of Myanmar, a short 4-5 day trip does not do the area justice. Boats like Faah Yai and Sai Mai are Burma dedicated and often do 7 - 10 day trips. Many of the others do combination Similan/Myanmar trips, with just 4 days in Myanmar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom