Liveaboard packing checklist - Caribbean Explorer 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, we don't even get in to Freeport until after 3:00pm! So you will be on your way back! Tell Cory & Geoph I said hi, really great crew and yes they all have Reed's Rods:wink:

Earplugs. Must. Bring. Earplugs.

For what? The CEX I and CEX II are both quiet ships especially at night.

As for packing-you don't need to pack a different outfit for each night. Everyone just brings 2 or 3 shorts and a few t-shirts to wear. Plus 3 or 4 swimsuits. A sweatshirt is a must on the CEX I as the dining room is air conditioned like a Miami grocery store :D.

Have fun! These are great trips.

For what? The CEX I and CEX II are both quiet ships especially at night.

As for packing-you don't need to pack a different outfit for each night. Everyone just brings 2 or 3 shorts and a few t-shirts to wear. Plus 3 or 4 swimsuits. A sweatshirt is a must on the CEX I as the dining room is air conditioned like a Miami grocery store :D.

Have fun! These are great trips.

I'm not familiar with the specific boat or how it operates, but the liveaboards I've been on motor around at night and anchor at a new site in the morning. Even on quieter boats, a lot will depend on how sensitive you are to noise. Earplugs are cheap, take up nearly no space, and are a godsend if you actually need them.

I'm so psyched, I can't wait!

And earplugs will be handy on the flights over and back...not to mention protecting your ears from high pitch if you're seated behind the engines.

Back
Top Bottom