liveaboard help in BC!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to BC for a week from Sep 10 to 17...what is the best liveaboard to dive great sites....I have heard of Mamro liveaboard..out of port hardy...they will dive browning pass........any reviews on mamro and the dive sites?

I've done about a dozen trips on the Mamro, with 3 or 4 of them being to Port Hardy. Dan is a great skipper, knows the area like the back of his hand and runs a fantastic trip. Yes he does Browning Wall plus many other sites that the land based op can't due to distance. Personally I like 7 Tree better than Browning but that's just me.

Also AFAIK the Mamro is the only liveaboard doing "Port Hardy only" trips these days unless things have changed recently.

If it's not already on its way to Mexico, I'd try the Nautilus Explorer. It's pricey and books up quickly, but it takes you to all the superb diving in BC and has a great crew.

We do the Nautilus every year. Pricey? I think $1295 for a week of diving, good food, nice comfy boat, and being catered to is very reasonable. I look forward to that trip every year.

NautilusExplorer.jpg

boat.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom