Liveaboard From Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sigh - sounds like if i want to dive i need to see if i can get away a bit longer and fly somewhere else...

CC - Do you have any shops that you recommend? How are the conditions for that? Both the diving and the boat ride? I'd love to dive but if it's going to be a rocky ferry ride to dive with 1m of vis i would likely pass. But if it's an easy to get to for a nice weekend I will definitely look into that too.

Thanks,

bg

You can pm me for the names of shops. There are quite a few ones around and they all pretty much do the same trip.

Ferry ride wise, I am not sure what is your tolerance for and definition for rocky. But I don't think it will be that bad.

Vis is always a hit or miss. Sometimes it can be good and sometimes it can be bad.

I will actually be diving in Batam in 2 week.

So I'm thinking about giving it a go on the Liveaboard b/c travelling to someplace like even Bali doesn't seem worth it where i'll only get in a day and a half of diving.

I'm curious, assuming that vis is decent (5m) how is the diving in Riau? If it's potentially great diving I would do it. I would say that I love diving walls. Really enjoy interesting coral and rock formations (i.e. lava tubes - though I don't think those are there) and love the opportunity to see big stuff. I'll admit that I'm less into Muck Diving especially when there isn't someone to point stuff out to me.

Thanks,

bg

So I'm thinking about giving it a go on the Liveaboard b/c travelling to someplace like even Bali doesn't seem worth it where i'll only get in a day and a half of diving.

I'm curious, assuming that vis is decent (5m) how is the diving in Riau? If it's potentially great diving I would do it. I would say that I love diving walls. Really enjoy interesting coral and rock formations (i.e. lava tubes - though I don't think those are there) and love the opportunity to see big stuff. I'll admit that I'm less into Muck Diving especially when there isn't someone to point stuff out to me.

Thanks,

bg

Pelagic will be a tall order. Lots of big sea fans. I will provide an update when I get back from my trip and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom