Liveaboard Crew Christmas Gift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going to be on a liveaboard trip over Christmas this year. I would like to bring some sort of token of appreciation for the crew to thank them for working over the holidays. Don't worry, we'll give them a good tip at the end of the trip but I'm trying to think of something small as an additional thank you gesture. Any ideas would be appreciated.

It used to be newly released DVD's but that may not be a thing anymore. Make sure you get the right format PAL or NTSC

One trip report in the Carib mentioned a brand of tea the mostly British crew could no getlocally

Try contacting the ships purser, you can usually get an email/celphone# and ask them

Bring the tip in cash, the purser will distribute it that day. If you charge it the crew has to wait for a check/trabsfer from their office. A purser told me that once,

I'd probably lean toward something that represents the local flavor from where ever you live. Cheese from Wisconsin, apples from Washington; that sort of thing. A favorite local orchard, distillery, or craftsperson could be a good source.

My wife and I are going to be on a liveaboard trip over Christmas this year. I would like to bring some sort of token of appreciation for the crew to thank them for working over the holidays. Don't worry, we'll give them a good tip at the end of the trip but I'm trying to think of something small as an additional thank you gesture. Any ideas would be appreciated.

What a nice gesture! Where are you going?

I'd probably lean toward something that represents the local flavor from where ever you live. Cheese from Wisconsin, apples from Washington; that sort of thing. A favorite local orchard, distillery, or craftsperson could be a good source.

Make sure whatever you take can get into the destination country! Dairy and fresh fruits/veggies are prohibited to be brought into the US, as an example. Meat, too, I believe.

Make sure whatever you take can get into the destination country! Dairy and fresh fruits/veggies are prohibited to be brought into the US, as an example. Meat, too, I believe.

Thanks for mentioning that! Maybe a couple bad examples there, depending on where they are headed.

Locally made candy might come closer to ticking all the boxes.

I agree with the suggestion to contact the purser. Each and every crew member miss something from back home.

I agree with the suggestion to contact the purser. Each and every crew member miss something from back home.

Thanks, I'll probably do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom