Liveaboard.com - horrible experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjmochi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are they still in business? Who knows.

I've booked through them pre-pandemic and while support has never been super fast they have always replied within 2-3 days.

I'm trying to change dates for a covid-rescheduled trip now, and it's been over 3 weeks with no reply. Absolutely painful. I reached out to the operator to confirm my changes which they said they'll allow but I need to request the change through the agent.

So I reached out to Liveaboard.com via email on Oct 26, called a week later to chase, the lady assures me she will ask someone to take a look, someone replies the next day with the wrong understanding of what I want to change (despite me being clear in my email and clarifying again with the lady over the phone), I reply immediately to clarify. Another week of waiting before they write back asking me to confirm basically what I wrote in my last email. Another 2 weeks go by with no response, I reach out to the operator directly to see if they've been in touch, operator tells me they got one email from Liveaboard.com 2 weeks ago and nada since. I send another email to chase, no reply for another week, tried to call 3x at different times today, no one picks up.

Perhaps I am just venting, but would highly advise against booking through them.

Not scuba-related, but I ran into about half-a-dozen businesses who took my money and ran right when the pandemic started. I had purchased early-bird tickets for a number of events, and in every case they wouldn't give a refund despite not actually offering the service I paid for. A couple tried to upload a YouTube video as a replacement for an in-person event (lol!?!), and said they fulfilled their end of the bargain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom