Liveaboard advice for Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leeaf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, some friends and I are looking at doing a liveaboard trip to Raja Ampat in April and would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been there. We are currently looking at acouple of boats - the Temukira and the Ondina. Would love to hear from anyone who has had experience on either of these boats.

Thanks

Kararu has a new boat coming online that time frame. It's called Voyager www.kararu.com

I'm checking it out myself end of March.

Raja Ampat in Phuket Thailand, nice for diving.

Yes, Raja Ampat is definitely not in Thailand....

If you want to dive with the godfather of Indonesian diving Larry Smith, then have a look at the Adventure Komodo.

www.adventureh2o.com

I have been on the the TemuKira, it is a nice boat with an Excellent crew. It's a very basic boat, no frills, but the diving is so good, it doesn't matter. I'm planning a trip there for June 2006.

Thanks everyone for all the input. In particular, Sandra's trip report was fantastic and had me wanting to get on the boat tomorrow! The feedback from Sandra and Jennifer has put my mind at rest that Temukira is a good choice.

Jennifer - for your planned June trip are you going back to Temukira or another boat/area?

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom