Live-aboard Thailand December luxory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lise

New
Reaction score
My husband and I are looking for a live-aboard in Thailand in December.

We have gone once before to Similan islands and want to be more comfortable this time so I wonder if anyone has recommendations? We are flexible concerning trip length. What we would like is good food, nice cabins, working AC in the cabins, private showers with hot and cold water and so on. Price isn't that important.

There are a couple of brand new, very nice boats in the Thailand market this season--White Manta and Oriental Siren. Siren is quite luxurious, and the trips tend to be quite a lot longer than those offered by other boats.

Thank you for your answer Quero.

We have been looking at S/Y Oriental and SY Andaman Diva, and while both looks nice, it also seems like neither has windows in the cabins. Do you know if this is correct?

Lise, one of the things about sailing yachts (the S/Y in the name of the boat gives you that indication) is that the cabins are typically in the lower deck. They often have small porthole-type windows, but not panoramic windows. If you want panoramic windows, you need to be looking at boats that are MV designated, not SY designated.

I would not worry too much about the windows in the cabins, you'll probably be spending little time in the cabins anyway.

Boats like White Manta, Pawara and Nautica should fit your preferences perfectly. Also worth lookking at would be Giamani, also for longer Similans trips and/or trips to the South Andaman with divesites like Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.

I agree with Steven White Manta, Nautica, Pawara are all nice boats, Giamani, and Colona are also great.
All do multiple length trips, usually 4,6 or 8 days is pretty much standard.
Nautica is my personal choice, but I'm Biased :)
Either way, I hope your vacation Rocks, the similan Islands are great, and hopfully when your there you get up to Koh Bon for Manta's and Tachai Pinnacle for the same, then on up for a day at Richelieu for pretty much everything there is in the Adaman :)

Back
Top Bottom