Live-aboard for BIG/TALL person - Andaman side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KarinW

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for your suggestions as to the basics! From your posts I have learned that we should definitely do a live-aboard for the Similans/Surin area. However my husband is a REALLY tall (6'9'') and hefty sort of guy!

I am worried that he would not fit super comfortably on a dive boat. Quero suggest that he could sleep on deck, and that would work, but I think I'd prefer to have him sleep in our room.

So here is the question: does anyone know of a really good dive operation with a boat that my big-guy wouldn't feel too 'squished'. E.g., where the bed is not a 'double' bed - because we do NOT fit into a double bed together; the ceilings are a bit higher, and the boat is just a bit bigger?

Thanks so much - Karin

Hi Karin,

Its an excellent choice to do a Similan/Surin trip.

Some of the liveabaord boats have a double bed and a twin bed in their cabins so they can be sold as doubles or twins - master cabin on MV Pawara.

The master cabin on MV Queen Scuba has a king sized bed and this boat shouldn't make your big man feel cramped.

Have a great trip.

mermaid 1 or 2 vessels. Steel boat instead of wood boat. Both boats don't cram on 25 people so more room. Mermaid 1 holds 15 passengers and mermaid 2 if i remember 16 passengers. mermaid 1 upper accomodations are excellent. I am 6 foot 4 inches and there is lots of room on those boats. I have been on both boats and the mermaid 1 offers longer trips but both are good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom