live a board similans richelieu rock reservation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everybody,

This January I will be in Thailand and I'm planning to do a live a board trip to the Similans and Richelieus Rock (thinking about a 4 day trip). I'm wondering if its needed to make a reservation in advance or can I just go there and book the trip on the spot? I'm Also interested in what is a good company to do the trip for a good price. Hope to get some information here from people who did this kind of trip before. Thanks!

Eric

You will nearly always be able to find a boat with space that departs in the next few days, and sometimes even a last minute offer.

But you'd have to take into account that that boat may not be your first, or even second or third choice.

In general the best value for money offers are booked first, but there's always exceptions.

Thanx for the advice. I guess I will make a reservation ahead. Do you also have any sugestions at wich company's offer a good trip for a good price?

Hello Everybody,

This January I will be in Thailand and I'm planning to do a live a board trip to the Similans and Richelieus Rock (thinking about a 4 day trip).

Hi Eric

Try the Junk Liveaboard - they currently have spaces on a 4 night trip departing from khao lak to the Similans / Richelieu Rock 18-22 Jan prices from 27,000 THB.

i went on the boat a few years ago - its pretty nice, decent cabins, good deck space. My friends just came back from a 6 night trip (beg Nov) and were raving about it - whale sharks, loads of fish, great crew, delicious food

i'm here in Phuket and their office is just down the road so if you need any help booking just let me know

Cheers
Susie

I checked the Junk, It looked good but 18th january is to late (I ve got a plan to Sri Lanka on that day). Before this date they are full. I also see this two websites: Khaolak Scuba Adventures and www.similandivingtours.com/dive-boats/location/khao-lak . The Manta Queen boats at both this websites seems like realy good value too, and they have still places available at january 13th. I think the boats from Khaolak scuba adventures are the same ones as Similan diving tours. Anybody have experiance with these companies?

I checked the Junk, It looked good but 18th january is to late (I ve got a plan to Sri Lanka on that day). Before this date they are full. I also see this two websites: Khaolak Scuba Adventures and www.similandivingtours.com/dive-boats/location/khao-lak . The Manta Queen boats at both this websites seems like realy good value too, and they have still places available at january 13th. I think the boats from Khaolak scuba adventures are the same ones as Similan diving tours. Anybody have experiance with these companies?
As I said, Id be happy to help, can even be in Dutch.

I did a 5 day trip on the Manta Queen 3 in April. It was a well run boat with a good crew. Booked with Khaolak Scuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week I've got back from my holliday. I did the similan/richelieu rock divetrip (4 days/ 4 nights) with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures and it was a great trip for a prety good price. I booked the Manta Queen 6 but ended up at Manta Queen 2 wich was quite a good, clean and comfortable boat. The room was quite small but I didn't spend much time there. There was enough space at the boat to walk around and relax between dives. Food was good and a lot. Also I liked that there were some decent showers with hot water on board. The only thing wich was not so good is that they also do dive courses at the boat and that they sometimes mix them with people who do fundives. At my group someone was doing the advanced course. Luckely I didn't noticed it to much and the diveguide still did a good job to spot animals, but I think its not a good idea tot mix groups like that. But for the rest it was a realy good trip wich I can reconmend to everyone who want to do a good dive trip for a good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom