little piece of home in cyberspace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
30,000++ divers registered on this forum and they let us have a subforum... grabe...

it's like having a little piece of home in the vastness of cyberspace...

wala lang... just muni-muning hehehehehehe

it's great to have a subforum... tom and i with your help (volunteers very welcome) will try to keep this site as fun-filled and full of info as possible...

but we won't be able to do it without you guys out there, so whatever you can do to spread the good word -- game na! ano pa hinihintay ninyo!

the only thing lacking now is some cold san mig, some sizzling sisig and the sound of waves in the background

Jag

Hi Jag,
I wanted to reply back to you here as I re-read the thread starter of Tom's thread to be a "dive sight" thread, which I immediately ruined by jumping in. But I do like the idea of this area on SB for dive talk about the PI's. I have to correct myself (after my wife corrected me) on the spelling of my wife's village in Cebu, it is Barili.
Anyway I know this forum will be very helpfull in learning more about diving in the Philippines. I already have an excellent book for information so I will be able look up sights being discussed. My appologies to Tom if I have messed up his thread.
David

dlndavid:
Hi Jag,
I wanted to reply back to you here as I re-read the thread starter of Tom's thread to be a "dive sight" thread, . . . My appologies to Tom if I have messed up his thread.
David
David, no problems. Every few days we will have a moderator clean up the threads so that eventually the Dive Site thread will be limited to Dive Site info.

We are also putting together a list of Philippine diving related internet sites which we hope to have up in a week or so. We will then continue to collect and verify web sites and update the list on a regular basis. Hopefully this will help ScubaBoard members with their research on Philippine diving.

dlndavid:
Hi Jag,
I wanted to reply back to you here as I re-read the thread starter of Tom's thread to be a "dive sight" thread, which I immediately ruined by jumping in. But I do like the idea of this area on SB for dive talk about the PI's. I have to correct myself (after my wife corrected me) on the spelling of my wife's village in Cebu, it is Barili.
Anyway I know this forum will be very helpfull in learning more about diving in the Philippines. I already have an excellent book for information so I will be able look up sights being discussed. My appologies to Tom if I have messed up his thread.
David
no prob messing anything up... there isn't really anything to mess up just yet hehehehe

w/c book do you have? there's this american (i think) guy (i can't remember the name for the life of me) who did a pretty comprehensive book and even rated the sites from 1-5 stars... he's my referrence too and has me drooling to get more dive time and save enough money to do the trips around the country

wish the economy was better so it wouldn't be darn expensive for me to travel here and be "turista sa sariling bayan" (tourists in our own country)... but i love cebu, i'm comfy in cebu... it's like Manila Lite and mactan is a stone's throw away.

Jag

PS
spelling tip (surprise the wife!): most filipino words are phonetically spelled... no double letters, no funny double vowels or silent letters... so the next time you write her a love note, just stick in a "mahal na mahal kita" and i assure you you'll get a kiss for it in return (if not more but that's no longer any of my beezwax) :eyebrow:

No funny double vowels??????

Nope, double vowels are run of the mill - it's the triple and quadruple ones that get everyone laughing :)

Jag,
The book is titled "The Dive Sites of the Philippines" by Jack Jackson.
It must be the same one you have, with the "5 star" rating. I also have one for Cancun-Cozumel area in the same format.
And thanks for the "mahal" phrase, I'll try it out on the wife.
David

Partridge Point/Sarangani - Best diving I've had this year!!! Although I did have an awesome dive last month in Anilao (Sharks, turtles, barracudas, etc. etc.) :eyebrow:

Hopefully I can come back to Sarangani next summer!

David,

so how's the Bay area now. foggy huh?

I got my first gear (PARKWAY) near the Bay area. The guy who helped me out in my gear was telling stories of dive sites , then i had no idea of what he was talking about. He mentioned that he comes to the PI twice a year.

The Parkway gear is still usable, i think, as i have set it aside for several years now.

I was thinking of doing a dive in Monterey about four years ago when i visited the Bay area and Sacramento. but upon stepping out of the air plane, i was easily convinved not to dive due to the cold.

Maligayang Pagdating (when you get here and dive the philippine seas), oh by the way, if you dive here, you can leave your wetsuit . just go diving with rash guard , shorts or a very thin wetsuit. Its nice diving without to carry on weights. assuming you have fairly good buoyancy.

Scubababe. You have to come back. I have a boat now and it should be in the water in 2 weeks. I have also been looking for new dive sites. Some are great and some just ok. But in diving something different is always good. I also found a shark dive but its a 2 hour drive away. Still working on the wreck. Even at scrap value an old steel hull boat is still around 300,000 pesos. I'll keep looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom