Little Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It seems like the best way to get more info on this club would be to head over to the Gander Mountain . . . I am in that area about once a week so I fully intend to stop in next time I'm by. I'm a newly certified OW diver that is looking to get as many dives as possible, don't really care about where but I pretty much only have weekends open. I would really like to join the club if not just get some more info on it . . . . there aren't that many threads from this year so I'd like to know more about where you guys usually dive at (I'm gathering it is a lot of local spring diving with the occaisional Venice or East Coast dive). Is there a particular person at the Gander Mountain that I should speak to?

Gander can't help you. Most people there are new and unaware that they once had a SCUBA Department. I was hired by them to do their SCUBA instruction and equipment repair. I am also the founder and organizer of this club. I instruct for NAUI, SDI/TDI and HSA. Our meetings are held on the 1st Monday of the Month at either GM or DAYO Scuba in Winter Park at 7PM. You don't have to go to the meetings but this is where your voice is heard. Our dives are as varied as our membership, because it's up to you to tell fellow members where you would like to dive and see who else wants to go along. For example over the past few months we have had dives in the Keys, night and day dives at the Blue Huron bridge, divers on a live-a-board, a clean-up of Lake Brantly in Winter Park, a number of dives at Blue, Alexander, DeLeon, Ginnie Springs, Blue Grotto and Devels Den, many, many dives in West Palm Beach. We do basic open water as well as wreck and cave. Just about every day, some member of our club is diving. Last Saturdy we had a dive in the Living Seas in EPCOT at a savings of over $85.00 per person because of our club status. There is no question - We are THE most active dive club in Florida. So, if you would like to get wet join up. There are no fees, just fun. Post where you would like to dive and when, see how many want to come along! For more information go to our web site LAKEMARYSCUBACLUB.COM. Oh, and if you would like further training just contact me, I do lots of private lessons for the cost of a group lesson. Good diving, Lou

Cosmo,
looking forward to seeing you at our monthly meeting next week.
Thanks Lou for the post.

Wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying that the forum was of little help, just asking for some.

Thanks

Wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying that the forum was of little help, just asking for some.

Thanks

no worries, I didn't read it that way. Week days are my best days to dive. but I can do the occasional Saturday. put a post the next time you are wanting to dive. I'm sure someone will join you if I can't.

The club website is blocked at work. When is the next meeting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom