Little feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a pair of fins for rec diving. I'm thinking about split fins and was wondering about sizing for ladies size 6. Any suggestions on brands for small feet?

Visit your LDS (local dive shop), even if it's 100 miles away. You need to try on fins, not guess.

Now, Not to start trouble BUT the previous suggestion of "force fins" is, in my opinion, absolutley silly. "Force fins" are, again in my opinion (yea, I've tried them), nothing but a long-term marketing gimick targeted at folks without the skill to perform a normal kick stroke. They are, for most divers, similar to diving with sneakers on. Your instructor did/will teach you better.

Think about a name-brand manufacturer such as ScubaPro, Dacor, Mares, etc. Don't play with toys.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter
Now, Not to start trouble BUT the previous suggestion of "force fins" is, in my opinion, absolutley silly.

Hey, hey, I wasn't recommending them, I was saying they are available for small feet. I'm guessing you don't have small feet, because if you did, you'd be willing to consider anything that fits. Force Fins aren't my cup of tea either, but some people like them (see this thread), and they do come in small sizes. Mares open-heel fins, OTOH, are enormously wide, even when it says XS on the bottom.

FWIW I use Cressi Frogs.

Zept

>Hey, hey, I wasn't recommending them, I was >saying they are available for small feet.

So are Keds. I'll probably get sued by Bob Evans for what I've already said about Farce Fins so I'll let it be.

Tom

I am a US size 6 and the grey Scubapro split fins fitted me in my drysuit boots.

The best thing is to try them on at your LDS.

I don't even know if they still make them, but my mother has a size 5 and a 1/2 feet, and she used to dive with Mares. Don't know if they were good bad or otherwise, just know sje used them. :)

Kayla:)

I finally decided on a pair on Apollo Bio Fin XS. They came today and I am looking forward trying them out next weekend!:)

Back
Top Bottom