Little Corn, Nicaragua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fundogs

Reaction score
Has anyone been diving on Little Corn, Nicaragua that can tell me what it's like? I am deciding between Little Corn and Utila.

...in Mar/April '03 and spent a week each. Both are great places and you won't regret either one. Utila has night life and stuff going on besides diving. Little Corn is much more remote, quieter, more peaceful. The diving at both is wonderful, deeper at Utila and less than 70' at DLC. Only one diver operation on DLC and many, many on Utila. Water temps and viz about the same (82-84 degs. and 40-100').

We're probably going back to Utila next Feb. for a week right around the time of the full moon. Did that last year and saw numerous whale sharks - you do it in snorkel gear, not diving, and it's a total blast! They're absolutely magnificent animals. But Grant's Cave especially and the rest of the dives at Little Corn are wonderful. I'd go back in an instant.
=Terry

fundogs:
Has anyone been diving on Little Corn, Nicaragua that can tell me what it's like? I am deciding between Little Corn and Utila.

Hi, I've dived in both Utila and Little Corn. The diving is good in both. However, Little Corn stands out as having the best night diving ever. I have dived from Philippines through the Red Sea to Jersey (CI) and in many places in Central America and Little Corn is the best night diving I have ever experienced. It must be done on a moonless night, though. The bioluminescence is spectacular - none of that old "wave your hands around to see sparks" stuff. Turn off your torch and the place lights up. Easily enough to see by. At the end of the dive the safety stop is literally like looking down on a night cityscape on a clear night.

In both the diving is relatively shallow - not much over 20 metres generally. The vis wasnt so good at Utila but it was more than good enough.

In terms of price Utila wins hands down. I paid $129 for 12 dives in Utila while on Little Corn its about $75 for 2 dives (not counting a small discount for using your own kit).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom