Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're giving some consideration to heading there in November and wondered if anyone had recently stayed at the Little Cayman Beach Resort. We'd really like some feedback on the accomodations, food, diving, etc. All comments are appreciated.
Greer

grouda:
We're giving some consideration to heading there in November and wondered if anyone had recently stayed at the Little Cayman Beach Resort. We'd really like some feedback on the accomodations, food, diving, etc. All comments are appreciated.
Greer
Was there in December. We stayed at Conch Club condos which are owned by the same people and had access to all of the faciliites at LCBR including the meals plan there. The meals were plentiful and quite good for buffet style.Had no complaints at all. We were very pleased. The resort seemed very well run and people were friendly. As far as the diving goes, I thought it was wonderful....especially if you like walls! The reefs were very healthy,abundance of turtles and the usuall reef creatures. Definatly some of the best Ive done in the Carribean. The boats are 42' newtons,I believe, which are roomy and comfortable although they can be a bit crowded at times. The reason we stayed at Coch Club(which like I said earlier is the same owner) was the cost factor. It was less expensive to stay there in a spacious well appointed 2 bedroom condo about a 5 minute walk to the resort with use of all the resort facilities. Much more room than the rooms at the Resort. No comparison ,in my humble opinion ,to the comfort level there compared to the resort. We saw the rooms ...they were good....basiclly motel style. There is precious little to do outside of the resorts for nite life. All in all we enjoyed the trip tremedously and would not hesitate to go back. The diving is hard to beat

Zebra mussel:
Was there in December. We stayed at Conch Club condos which are owned by the same people and had access to all of the faciliites at LCBR including the meals plan there. The meals were plentiful and quite good for buffet style.Had no complaints at all. We were very pleased. The resort seemed very well run and people were friendly. As far as the diving goes, I thought it was wonderful....especially if you like walls! The reefs were very healthy,abundance of turtles and the usuall reef creatures. Definatly some of the best Ive done in the Carribean. The boats are 42' newtons,I believe, which are roomy and comfortable although they can be a bit crowded at times. The reason we stayed at Coch Club(which like I said earlier is the same owner) was the cost factor. It was less expensive to stay there in a spacious well appointed 2 bedroom condo about a 5 minute walk to the resort with use of all the resort facilities. Much more room than the rooms at the Resort. No comparison ,in my humble opinion ,to the comfort level there compared to the resort. We saw the rooms ...they were good....basiclly motel style. There is precious little to do outside of the resorts for nite life. All in all we enjoyed the trip tremedously and would not hesitate to go back. The diving is hard to beat

Amen.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :crafty:

p.s.
Those dang zebra mussels are all over!

Zebra mussel:

We also stayed at Conch Club Condominiums. I can second everything above. Well saud and all true. Would definitely recommend the condo option for privacy, space and overall value.

Back
Top Bottom