Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluewaters

Reaction score
Just returned from Little Cayman. What an incredible trip! Stayed at Little Cayman Beach Resort and dove with Reef Divers located right there. For a land based dive op, it was as close to a live aboard as you could get. Once you carried your gear to the boat on day one, the boat crew took care of it for the rest of the week. They carried your gear to the stern for you to don and enter the water. Upon exiting, they would take your gear and change the cylinder.

The diving was fantastic! HUGE dramatic vertical walls, many with some incredible swim thrus. The Black Hole could be a favorite....

LCBR rooms were nice. I hear they are getting gutted this Sept and will be getting updated to include flat screen tvs not that one goes there to watch tv. The restaurant did a great job of providing a wide variety of food to satisfy everyone. If you need something specific, they will make it if they can. I didn't see any requests turned down.

I flew to Grand a day early and spent the night and then hopped the twin otter on Cayman airways. The flight there was uneventful as was the flight out; however, my flight out was changed from 9:15a to 6:30a. Nothing harmful that I couldn't deal with.

Much much fun, I will be returning!

LCBR is one of my favorite all-around places. It's good they are updating the rooms but I think TVs are a waste. We usually throw a towel over ours.

So what type of Marine life did you see?

I'm headed there next month.....not a big time Caribbean diver...heard such great things about Little Cayman so had to try the Caribbean again.

Turtles on almost every dive. HUGE sponges. Incredible vertical walls dropping out of sight. A couple nurse sharks. A handful of Big friendly groupers that will sometimes let you "pet" them. Some of the walls offer some pretty cool swim thrus: Black Hole (one of my favorites), The Gazebo was dramatic and if you ask, you might get the boat to take you over to Cayman Brac to dive the Tibbets "Russian Frigrate 356." Lobsters were almost brave in comparison to what I've seen in the past.

The bartenders, Mark and Sherry are great. The cooks are great and if you have any special requests, they make every attempt to make it for you. We had Ingrid and Sunny as crew on the boat most of the week. Could not have asked for better crew during the week. Met some of the other divers/crew and they are all great.

for the known groupers that allow you to pet them, it's usually more like they beg to be petted. If you stop they butt your hand to get more. They're like dogs.

Thanks bluewaters for the heads up.....Any particular dive site the Groupers hang out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom