Little Cayman Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PVS

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone heard about Little Cayman Diver liveaboard? Or any other small yachts that can be chartered for uncrowded diving at Cayman Islands?

Thanks

Last I heard, Winston had sold the LCBR to someone on Grand Cayman, and it is not presently available for charter.

For "uncrowded" diving in the Caymans, I know that there's a couple of sixpack types of operators on Grand Cayman. For the sister islands, your prospects are to generally try smaller land based operations. On Little Cayman, this would be Pirates Point, Sam McCoy's and Southern Cross. On Cayman Brac, I'd go with Divi instead of Brac Reef because BR runs "only" big Newton diveboats, whereas Divi still has around some slightly smaller diveboats. The Newtons are nice and roomy topside, but because they carry more divers in total, when you actually get to the divesite, the water's going to be more crowded. Thus, I think its worth going out with a smaller group on a smaller boat (even if its crowded topside) if you want a better chance of getting the "I'm all alone" feeling on the divesite.

-hh

-hh

I've done 2 trips on the Cayman Aggressor, and loved it! At the time I did it (1990 and '91) they carried 16 divers... I don't know if you consider that uncrowded or not. It never felt crowded in the water, and that is how I gauge it. Because they generally stayed for several hours at each mooring, there were almost always divers in the water at any given time, but rarely were all divers in at the same time.

My wife and I are going to Little Cayman in less than 2 weeks now (March 5 - 12, 2005), and are staying at the Southern Cross Club. I'll try and post a report when we get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom