little cayman beach resort question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether LCBR offers internet connections? If not, is there any public internet access on Little Cayman? (I know, I should just toss my laptop and forget about everything....)

Thanks

sdwho

Last time I was at LCBR they had a computer with a dialup connections you could use for a per-minute charge. Browsing anything other than a gmail account is pretty slow.

sdwho:
Does anyone know whether LCBR offers internet connections? If not, is there any public internet access on Little Cayman? (I know, I should just toss my laptop and forget about everything....)

Thanks

sdwho

I am also limited to dive sites that have good and reliable internet connections
I don't know about Little Cayman
So far I have dove and stayed at Plaza in Bonaire, Presidente in Cozumel and various hotels on the Big Island of Hawaii & Kauai
I have been told by the Aggressor fleet that while they say internet capacity it really means that you are using a satellite phone to receive text messages and it is extremely slow and very costly.
Any leads to other destinations or technology is appreciated

sdwho:

Thanks

sdwho
Check out Pirate's Point. I understand they now have a wireless hub tied into their ADSL line which guests can use on an unlimited basis for a set charge per day.

Hi Scubabob,
You will find that most Grand Cayman Hotels have wireless internet connections as do some condos. I believe (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) that both LCBR and Southern Cross Club in Little Cayman now have wireless hubs as well as Pirates Point but do ask them when booking.

CJ

I'm sending this from my room at Little Cayman Beach Resort. They've just launched wireless high speed here. Its free for the moment, but may not be in the future from what I'm hearing. Cobalt Coast on GC offers free high speed connections near the pool area and in some of the lower level rooms.

sdwho

CJ's:
Hi Scubabob,
You will find that most Grand Cayman Hotels have wireless internet connections as do some condos. I believe (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) that both LCBR and Southern Cross Club in Little Cayman now have wireless hubs as well as Pirates Point but do ask them when booking.

CJ

Back
Top Bottom