Little Cayman Beach Resort - ocean vs pool view?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muldoonthief

Reaction score
Three of us (all male) are planning a trip to Little Cayman Beach Resort this September. We have the choice of a poolview room with a 2 double beds and a rollaway bed or an oceanview with 2 double beds and a fold out couch. The ocean view is about $160 more per person. Does anyone who's been there have an opinion on which room would be better for 3 people? Is the ocean view substantially larger? Is it worth the extra $160 per person IYHO? Thanks.

Welcome to Scubaboard! The pool view rooms tend to be a bit noisier. They overlook the bar and pool. I personally would spend the money but if you are travelling on a budget and don't mind a little noise I don't think it would make much of a difference.

It's been 4 years since I visited LCBR, but as I recall, the resort was fairly quiet regardless of where your room was located. IMHO, extra money is wasted on accomodations since you spend most of day/eves diving. I don't recall ever having a problem with noise.

If I recall correctly, the oceanview rooms were a bit larger and had a larger sitting area with a couch and coffee table. The poolview rooms just have a motel-style pair of chairs and small table. Oceanview also has a kitchenette of sorts - handy for counter space to mess with gear and whatever, but otherwise not used much on an all-inclusive plan. The oceanview rooms have a reasonably private balcony or patio area right on the beach. It's a nice place to hang out. Outside the poolview rooms, there's basically just a walkway shared with all the other rooms on that row. I always go for oceanview, mostly for the patio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom