Little Cayman - Afternoon 2 Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtheiss

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a dive op on Little Cayman that does two tank afternoon dives? I only have a few days and for this kind of trip I like to be able to do four dives a day, two morning and two afternoon (maybe even add a night!). In doing some research it looks like a lot of the ops only offer a one tank afternoon dive but maybe someone here knows different. Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice.

Mike

Not in my experience. 3 deep dives per day + a night dive is usually plenty for most people. You might run out of bottom time anyway unless you stay really shallow, which kind of defeats the purpose of diving Bloody Bay/Jacksons walls.

You might have a better chance to get in 4-5 dives per day by staying on Grand Cayman. Ocean Frontiers offers 2 AM, 2 PM (execept Sat) and a couple of night dives. Divetech offers 2 AM, some 2 PM and the advantage of shore diving, including nights. i don't think Cobalt Coast offers 2 PM, but again, advantage of shore diving, including night. I have had very good shore dives, day and night from Turtle Reef, Lighthouse Point, and Cobalt.

I have been to LCBR and CBBR, 3 dives per day.

Is the object of the exercise quality or quantity? You certainly can squeeze in more tanks on Grand but I personally would rather experience 3 per day on LC than 4-5 on Grand.

It's all a matter of preference.
Scubadada does make a point though. If your visit is limited to just a few days, the hassle of going back and forth to LC might not be worth it. I would consider saving LC for another time when you have a full week to enjoy the place and the slower pace. If you were to stay at Lighthouse Point on GC, easy to get in 3 tanks of boat diving daily with Divetech and dive the shore there and next door at Turtle Reef. Shore diving at Cobalt is more weather sensitive then the sites on the Northwest.

By the way, I'm please to see increased activity on the Cayman Islands Forum. It suggests that people are at least thinking about returning.

You might be able to get 4 tanks a day on Brac going through Brac Scuba Shack. You would have to contact them to find out for sure, but they have had a reputation for being more flexible in the past.

You might be able to get 4 tanks a day on Brac going through Brac Scuba Shack. You would have to contact them to find out for sure, but they have had a reputation for being more flexible in the past.
My one trip to Brac was in 2017. I stayed at CBBR and dived with Reef Divers. However, I stopped by Scuba Shack and talked with the folks. I don't think they generally have a 2 tank afternoon boat trip but, they are very supportive of shore diving off Brac. If you have a car, 1 or 2 afternoon dives would not be difficult. In addition, at least at the time, they told me I could solo dive with certification and appropriate equipment Shore diving on Cayman Brac?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom