Lithuania dive shops and instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZephyrNYC

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, everybody.

I'm planning on taking a dive trip in 2016. I'm not sure yet which country, but one of the countries on my list is Lithuania, which most of you know has a coast along the Baltic Sea. I emailed 2 or 3 shops and/or instructors about a week or more ago, but I haven't received any replies yet. I assess that most of the instruction there is conducted in Lithuanian. Do you know of any instructors or dive shops that teach classes in English? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi there ZephyrNYC,

Lithuania is a fascinating country to dive. You are right that it has a coast on the Baltic Sea. Unfortunately, the visibility and conditions are very poor in this sea, but, as you may know, there are a good deal of shipwrecks to explore. Because many divers wish to avoid the ba conditions of the Baltic Sea, the majority of diving in Lithuania takes place in its lakes. These include the Trakai area lakes, Alausas lake, Luokesa lake and Luokesaitis lake. If you’d like more information on diving in Lithuania or the weather conditions in the country, you can take a look at our page on the country: https://diviac.travel/d/lithuania/

Whether you wish to dive in the sea or the lakes, we can recommend both Utenos Nardymo Klubas and Oktopusas. Both should be capable of arranging fresh or salt water dives for you. Have a great trip and, if you’d like, leave us a review of any operator your dive with. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply, DT.

I would love to dive some wrecks and lakes out there this year. I looked up the lakes that you mentioned in Wikipedia and I didn't find them. I did find Trakai Castle though. Pretty :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traka...:Trakai_Island_Castle,_Lithuania_-_Diliff.jpg

Do you happen to know the surface elevations of those lakes?

It isn't near Lithuania, but have you heard of the Baltic Sea anomaly?

Hi ZephyrNYC,

We thought we would respond here as well so that anyone else with questions can identify the answers. Thanks for sending us your questions! Your best bet for finding an English instructor in Lithuania will be with Oktopuses. This operation has three different shops throughout the country, so you can get your wreck diver cert and any certifications you might want in the lakes of the region.

To answer your altitude questions, Lake Luokesaitis is 531 feet (162m) above sea level. Lake Plateliai is 600 feet (200m) above sea level, and anything around the Vilnius area will be approximately 367 feet (112m) above sea level. As a general rule, you don’t need an altitude diver certification for anything less than 1000 feet (300m). It’s far more likely that you will actually want an ice diver certification for these lakes. Of course, if you are there in the summer, that shouldn’t be a problem.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you have any more, don’t hesitate to send us another message.

P.S. We’d never heard of the Baltic Sea Anomaly, but we had a look. Fascinating stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom