Lithium Ion battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question...
I am planning on getting XTAR D30 light for video photography. The light that comes from XTAR store, comes with no battery, but it calls for 26650 battery for an optimal performance.
I am worried about stories of fires/explosions associated with lithium batteries but do not know much about it, other than a personal friend had a house fire from a laptop lithium battery (reputable brand laptop).
When I tried to research this issue (OSHA) and other websites, they specify that it is very important to get lithium batteries from a reputable manufacturer.
26650s are harder to find and I do not recognize any of the brands. Can someone recommend a battery and a charger that has worked for you and has a good reputation.
Thank you in advance!

Xtar makes a good charger and they make those cells. Nitecore is another reliable brand. Buy from Battery junction.com.

Since you are rightly concerned about safety, also buy a battery bag. It is a small fire resistant bag like a soft sided cooler. You put your charger in there while charging to contain a possible fire. Never charge while absent or asleep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom