Lithium batteris in dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi i recently got some heating socks because i always have cold feet they ahve a small lithium battery that sits on the side of my sock can i use them in my dry suit or can that be dengerus?

Unless they are designed to be dove with, I'm not sure I would do it. Too much water and you might have a lithium battery fire inside your suit.

Yeah that's what i ame scared of too but i was unsure if i can do anything

Hell no

Pressure cycles on a lithium battery that isn't designed for it. No.

The batteries used for heated dive gear is in a pressure case. Outside the suit.

And the videos of them fireballing, those are valid. I've done two myself (high tech redneck fun). The first one scares you pretty good. The second you know what to expect.

Hell no

Pressure cycles on a lithium battery that isn't designed for it. No.

The batteries used for heated dive gear is in a pressure case. Outside the suit.

And the videos of them fireballing, those are valid. I've done two myself (high tech redneck fun). The first one scares you pretty good. The second you know what to expect.
Okay i thought it might be sumthing like that but was unsure

If the battery pack went your feet would get very warm. And then they'd get very cold.

Hi i recently got some heating socks because i always have cold feet they ahve a small lithium battery that sits on the side of my sock can i use them in my dry suit or can that be dengerus?
Ororo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom