Liquor store series: Your busted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7

Contributor
Reaction score
So just got off my eight hour shift. Business is picking up as people realize that there is liquor store that is open in the neighborhood. Made over 2 dollars in tips. Woohoo, I can afford a can of beer now. Oh, wait, I don't drink at all. Damn.
So anyways during my eight hour shift, we got some underage kids hanging out in front of the store, until I chased them out of my line of sight. You know the old saying that goes something like, "Out of sightk, out of mind." It turns out they were hanging around the corner where I could not see them. So get this, in the afternoon, my manager, Caucasian female, sarcastic and not afraid of speaking her mind. She comes by to check on us, and walks by the kids that are hanging out around the corner. Guess what they ask her to do? "Hey lady, if we give you our money, can you buy these drinks for us?" (Shows her the list) She says, "Yeah right, your so busted, get out of here, I'm the manager of the liquor store, you think I am going to buy liquor for you ^&*($R%T^&*()$%^&* %@#5 :argue: kids?" :argue:
Didn't have anymore problems for the rest of the day.

dive_lover88:
Oh wow! that is strict...here it is 18yrs
That's why North Americans don't know how to dring socially, they only know how to get completely drunk and wasted. :wink:

aquaoren:
That's why North Americans don't know how to dring socially, they only know how to get completely drunk and wasted. :wink:
And your point, we dring our drings just like the rest of you dringers. :wink:
Myself, I'm a trained proffesional, not even Irish. :D

The states in the US set the age at 21. Not the federal government. However, the federal government with-held federal highway funding from states that still had the leagal drinking age at 18 or 19 some years ago.

They did lower the drinking age from 21 to 18 or 19 (depending on the state) some years ago. The basis was that the legal age of being an adult was 18. You could vote at age 18 and serve in the military at 18, but you couldn't drink until 21 was one of the reasons it was lowered. However, the problem was that young adults at age 18 or 19 didn't take on drinking at the lower age in a very responsible way. The number of DUI's and drinking related accidents increased dramatically with the lower drinking age.

Because of this, the federal government here put pressure on the states to increase the drinking age.

The people that I know that drink at parties in high school usually don't "Hey Mr." people that often, like the kids in the story. Most people buy fake ID's from the gangs, but since the MD ID's are REALLY hard to fake, they are usually Navy ID's, or New York ID's or Virginia ID's. Hahaha, I guess these kids just had bad luck… I hope they learnt a valuable lesson, but let's be real… They will just go to a different store.

I think I am in favour of keeping the 21 drinking age, even though where I am from they have it at 18… I hear people that say, "If you're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough to drink…" but stats show that we're (and by we I mean 18 year olds in America) just not ready. My question is: how old do you think these kids were? I am guess around 15 or 16, since they couldn't have looked old enough for a fake ID. Stupid kids. They make me look bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom