Liquivision computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProudNPrejudiced

Registered
Reaction score
Decided to go with a brand new Lynx after the dealer cut me a nice deal...a couple aesthetic things I've noticed:

There's a gap between the housing and the top of the OLED screen such that I can see the circuit board inside. Is this normal?

theres also residual glue or sealant along all the seams, probably from manufacturing. Does everyone's computer look like this or did I get a sloppy unit? It works fine as far as I know, I was just confused as to why the housing doesn't fit the screen perfectly and little aesthetics like that.

Decided to go with a brand new Lynx after the dealer cut me a nice deal...a couple aesthetic things I've noticed:

There's a gap between the housing and the top of the OLED screen such that I can see the circuit board inside. Is this normal?

theres also residual glue or sealant along all the seams, probably from manufacturing. Does everyone's computer look like this or did I get a sloppy unit? It works fine as far as I know, I was just confused as to why the housing doesn't fit the screen perfectly and little aesthetics like that.

Everything you describe is normal from an aesthetics & manufacturing perspective. The housing actually does fit the screen properly, but with the glass required to protected the OLED, there will always be an angle upon which you can see below the housing. If the housing were changed to avoid that, it would actually conceal the pixels on the display.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Back
Top Bottom