Liquidskin for a small face?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the X-Vision Liquidskin likely to fit on a small face?

FYI, I have a small/narrow face, and have had a hard time finding a fitting mask. I'm currently using an X-Vision Mid, fitted alright, only small amount of water in nose pocket. The original X-Vision would not fit me. I'm wondering if the Liquidskin, being softer and more "moldable" to the face contour, is it likely to get a better fitting / seal on a small face and solve the water-in-nose-pocket problem?

My LDS hasn't got them in stock, I'm trying to see if it's worth asking them to get one in to try on. Coz if it's not likely for me to get a fit, then I'll just stick with my Mid.

Thanks!

Jude,

There is a great possibility of the new liquidskin mask fitting perfectly. You are exactly right about the new siliconr being softer and more moldable to a divers face. In fact it is 270% more elastic than the high quality silicone we use in our other masks. I would request your LDS to order at least one for you to try. We have had such great response and feedback about this new technology. I don't think your lds will be sorry, in fact they will probably want more. :) Where are you located? I'm a little surprised to hear they haven't added them to their regular mask offering.

Best,

Just got a liquidskin and was able to do 3 dives this past weekend. Other masks I've tried constantly leaked from up under the nose. Apparently I have a narrow face.

The liquidskin worked quite nicely. Not 100% dry, as the last dive started collecting a tiny bit of water, but a major improvement over other masks. Plus, there was such a low volume, just blowing hard through my nose seemed to clear all water collected in the nose pocket, as if there was a purge valve.

My lds didn't carry mares masks, so I took the chance and ordered from scubatoys without trying one on first, and I'm happy with the results.

Thanks guys. Not only I have a narrow face, but also small, I'd say I have the size of a kid's face. Have you heard of any success with the Liquidskin fitting on say a 13-15 year old face?

I don't live in the states, and here we're a bit slow in catching up with technology etc. So if chances are great, I'll do what mph005 did and get from Scubatoys.

The LiquidSkin mask does not fit my face well, although the X-Vision Mid fit it quite nicely. The LiquidSkin masks seem closer in size to the regular X-Vision, not the mid.

Will Mares be producing a LiquidSkin mask in a mid-sized skirt? Also, will be they making it available in all black?

edit: Sorry didnt mean to dig this thread up.

No worries, considering they never responded... perhaps it will remind them to read their forum. :)

I got the blue frame with the solid silver skirt. The solid silver blocks out peripheral light as well as black. Facing down in the water column, you don't see the shadow of your head on the lens like you do with a clear skirt mask.

I tried on the Liquidskins with translucent colored skirts in a store and they are weird. They give you a strange blue/pink/yellow, etc. tinted peripheral world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom