Liquids in original container?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah, I take a pint of mouthwash in the original bottle but the seal is broken. No issues. I take a pint of fake Pepto-Bismol on any trip, keep the seal intact, but I was overweight on return and had to take that out of checked bags to get the agent to accept them. It got confiscated at security. Going in, Customs never seemed to care, but then they've only glanced once.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This will be my first trip to Coz and is the first trip to Mexico since 1982. We'll just take our little bottles and if they get taken, oh well!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. This will be my first trip to Coz and is the first trip to Mexico since 1982. We'll just take our little bottles and if they get taken, oh well!!
I wonder if the airline will allow me to carry on my 2oz. hand sanitizer and my 3oz. spray bottle of Everclear. I'm guessing that they may consider the Everclear a fire hazard.

Nobody questioned my small bottles of hand sanitizer in my carryon on my 2020 Aug or Nov trips via Coz airport. I carry all my regular toiletries (liquids in reusable travel containers) in my checked bag. I've never had a problem.

Nobody questioned my small bottles of hand sanitizer in my carryon on my 2020 Aug or Nov trips via Coz airport. I carry all my regular toiletries (liquids in reusable travel containers) in my checked bag. I've never had a problem.
Thanks. I think I'll not risk it with the Everclear spray. It's neat, though; it's 95% alcohol you can spray around food.

I wonder if the airline will allow me to carry on my 2oz. hand sanitizer and my 3oz. spray bottle of Everclear. I'm guessing that they may consider the Everclear a fire hazard.

All 4 of us had small unmarked bottles of hand sanitizer and a package of 15 sanitizing wipes in our carry ons. Mom and Dad flew into CUN T4. We were waved through customs. The youngest also flew into T4 on a different day. He's 24, and they went over and through him with a fine tooth comb, and he was ultimately waved through. The oldest who is 26 flew into CZM and they were essentially bored with him, but no mention of any liquids.

This thread is a reminder that my "Arrival to Cozumel" Sticky needs to be updated....HOPEFULLY, I will be making a trip to the island this Spring...(Fingers crossed) and will then take a look at updating. HOWEVER, should anyone have proven and confirmed info for changes, perhaps contact the Moderator and he/she may choose to make the changes. In the meantime...the info is most likely close to what goes on and can be used as a rule of thumb......Best Regards and Happy diving ! Double S

I know a guy who always flies in with Like 4- 2 litre bottles of apple pie moonshine inside of mountain dew bottles. He even has the sealed caps from the bottling plant. Never ever had any problems until one time...he was questioned about why he had 4 bottles of mountain dew. The customs guy also made him take a drink from one of the bottles just to see reaction....:)

Once again thanks for everyone's input. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip for next week....I hope all this Covid crap is gone by November, that is when I'm rescheduling!!

Once again thanks for everyone's input. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip for next week....I hope all this Covid crap is gone by November, that is when I'm rescheduling!!
Well, I don't think that anyone thinks it will all be gone by then, but I sincerely hope that things will be trending the other way before too terribly long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom