Lip guard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbl212

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know where I can get lip guards for my regulator? Like the ones that come with some aqualung regulators?

I went for the first time at Dutch and my lips were cold (48 at the bottom). I could suck it up, but if there's something out there to fix it why not?:D

Yea, asked my LDS and he said he only has the ones that come with the regulator and that he'd had to take one from there or special order it. I figured I could easily get it online.

I have a few and they really work. My local dive shop carries them because the nearest training quarry is always 42° F or colder at depth.

They do take some work to get used to, however. Students have a difficult time removing and replacing their mask with the lip shield in place.

I have found that in my case the lip shield has tended to make my mask leak because it pushes on the bottom of the mask or skirt.

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll just have to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom