Lion and Wings air -Connection time —saumlaki /ambon/makassar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janet Hartz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are going to be disembarking our liveaboard in Saumlaki may 22, looking to catch a 1am flight out out of Bali that night .
Wings air leaves Saumlaki 9:35 am . They have a 25 min layover in Ambon ( with a change to lion air flight) to Makassar , then on to Bali . Is that CRAZY ?? It seems so , but I see several itins on Nusatrips with that 25 min layover time ! There IS a lot longer itin I can use , but I wonder if that short layover is a standard “thing” and no big deal .

Wings Air is Lion Air, so if you miss the connection at least there is that. That being said, after 13 years of living in Indonesia, we never take Lion Air if it can be avoided. It has nothing to do with safety, but everything to do with customer service. If I had to bet, I would give slight odds that you could make that connection, and I stress could. Your luggage? Maybe. But if you don't...whoa.

Thanks — I don’t see ANY other choice for travel between saumlaki to Denpasar may 22 aside from lion/wings. Bummer

Did you look at the differences in time zones in Indonesia?

I see on the LionAir website that this route is a single ticket. If LionAir offers this schedule as an option then they probably feel it's possible. If LionAir messes up the schedule then they will be responsible to rebook you on an alternative flight.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 153518.png

Well
The website stated the layover time ..25 min
Ok, I see. I meant that there is a time difference between Ambon and for example Manado of one hour. And again another hour with Jakarta. I often landed earlier in Manado than I left from Ternate.

This summer we had a 20 min stop over in Kupang on our wings air flights from Alor to Labuan Bajo. Turned out it was the same plane flying both legs (but we still had to leave the flight.

If you can book the flight directly with lion air, then I wouldn’t worry too much - but I would still make sure I had travel insurance, just in case.

Our experience with lion/wings/batik air was ok, but do log in to “my bookings” to check the flights as they might not send you an email if the flight is cancelled.

This summer we had a 20 min stop over in Kupang on our wings air flights from Alor to Labuan Bajo. Turned out it was the same plane flying both legs (but we still had to leave the flight.

If you can book the flight directly with lion air, then I wouldn’t worry too much - but I would still make sure I had travel insurance, just in case.

Our experience with lion/wings/batik air was ok, but do log in to “my bookings” to check the flights as they might not send you an email if the flight is cancelled.
Thanks for this info !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom