Lines, tie-offs, wraps and stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys - They're the type of resources I was looking for.

I dont think it is in any way productive to demonstrate such a abusive term for something I have worked HARD for, Spent a lot of MONEY on, and passed on instruction to MANY other Divers who now enjoy their Sport/lifestyle.

Anyway your responses have been encouraging....maybe I better see if PADI run a Skin Thickening Speciality... :bonk:

I see where you could be mad with my response but I think I made my point. Point was there is nothing in your training that has taught you the proper way to penetrate anything or you would be teaching it and wouldnt have to come on to a message board to ask questions on how to tie off. I never put down any classes that you have taken, I agree that you have worked hard and spent ALOT of MONEY on the training that you "got" its what you dont have is what I'm worried about. You are not trained for overhead enviroments just because you train PADI Instructors how to conduct open water training. You could do what the ;-0 say and hit ignore but then you wouldnt be getting straight answers like this one. Obivously your not afraid of taking classes to boost your knowledge in diving so why not take a class in overhead. I'm sorry if I penetrated your skin it wasnt my intention. Making sure you know and your students know what you dont know will kill you, was my intention.

a message board to ask questions on how to tie off

This isn't what I was asking

good diagrams for refreshing myself with wraps and other styles of tie-offs

Anyway, It appears to be a waste of time arguing the point, I would much rather just get on with it. My intent was to increase my knowledge through reserarch rather that just taking the PADI "in the book" approach. Hence the post in a Tek Section...clearly this was the wrond approach - what I should have done was to stumble blindly into yet another course, heaven to bid that I try to refresh my knowledge so that I can partcipate at a level appropriate to my training.

That is all - back to training students on a 12 metre reef. Despite having my Wreck, Deep, Nav, S&R, Nitrox and Army Diver training experience.........

Sorry, but I agree with scubanarc. Until recently, I thought I too was dive pro. I was raised NAUI, but I figure it's about the same as PADI. In Sept. I took Cavern/Into through NCC/CDS at Ginnie. Trust me, it was the most intense, rigorous and rewarding training I have recieved to date. Absolutely nothing in all my training (deep, wreck, DM, IA) prepared me for overhead, and I am hooked. As dedicated as it appears you are, it seems logical that you would welcome further training.

In South Australia, whilst there are many wrecks, not many call for reel work

But SA is also the base for the Cave Divers Association of Australia. They know a thing or two about tie offs. SA also has some of the best cave diving in the world.

but the padi manual lacks anyh kind of depth regarding tie-offs etc.....

Possibly because a PADI diver does not need such skills.

No offence, but you are going to try and teach students to do something you are not particularily familiar with yourself, which they do not need and can encourge them into thinking they know something they do not.

You wonder why recreational instructors get a bad rap?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom