Lima, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NTJB

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming long trip where I still be stopping in Lima (Peru), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Santiago (Chile). These flights are fixed but I always have the option to hop on another flight from any of these cities to somewhere else (hopefully nearby). This will be in mid-May through July, in case that affects the diving.

Are there any recommendations on where to go to dive in or near those cities? I would ideally like to make it worth it where I can get at least 6-10 dives in each place I end up. From my research, for example, it seems there is not much diving in Lima so that might just be a one or two days' of diving there and moving onwards somewhere else. I'd prefer to stay put somewhere nice and get a lot of dives in.

Thanks!

In São Paulo, reach out to Jonny at Mergulho Técnico near Tolstoi II neighborhood. They’ll take care of you.

I live in Rio de Janeiro, a neighboring state to the state of São Paulo (whose capital city has the same name). From what I know of divers from São Paulo, most diving there is done in the area of the town of Santos, about 70km from the city of São Paulo.

The state of Rio de Janeiro also has several towns with considerable diving activity (Angra dos Reis, Cabo Frio and Búzios are examples). However, all those places are considerably farther from the city of São Paulo (400km to 600km). The best diving overall in the country can be had in the Northeast, but it would take a several hours flight to get to any diving destination there.

I live in Rio de Janeiro, a neighboring state to the state of São Paulo (whose capital city has the same name). From what I know of divers from São Paulo, most diving there is done in the area of the town of Santos, about 70km from the city of São Paulo.

The state of Rio de Janeiro also has several towns with considerable diving activity (Angra dos Reis, Cabo Frio and Búzios are examples). However, all those places are considerably farther from the city of São Paulo (400km to 600km). The best diving overall in the country can be had in the Northeast, but it would take a several hours flight to get to any diving destination there.

Thank you for the reply! I will look at those places. Are there any "must dive" places in Brazil that you would recommend? We don't mind travelling (5-6 hour flight is OK if the diving is great) but just wanted to find somewhere friendly and convenient to dive (i.e. no 2 hour boat rides to the dive site).

Brazil, Fernando de Noronha

Fernando de Noronha has, indeed, the reputation of being the best place to dive in Brazil. It is a quite isolated archipelago in the northeast, all in a natural reserve with limitations on the number of tourists entering each year. I haven't been there myself, but everyone I know that has been there has loved the place. It is right on the end of the spectrum of most expensive and most difficult to get to beach destinations in Brazil, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom