Liked DSS, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With DSS having shut its doors, what is an alternative to the wonderful DSMB that they sold? It was rich in features (tapered shape for reduced air needed, simple OPV, manual inflate tube, SOLAS tape, length I feel useful....).

What to get now that is similar?

Interesting and very expensive SMBs. I worked on a dive boat for a few years. When retrieving divers after a drift dive, orange SMBs were the first that we saw. When facing the sun, fluorescent yellows were almost impossible to see. What is the purpose of a black (or blue) one?

Interesting and very expensive SMBs. I worked on a dive boat for a few years. When retrieving divers after a drift dive, orange SMBs were the first that we saw. When facing the sun, fluorescent yellows were almost impossible to see. What is the purpose of a black (or blue) one?

I've noticed this too. I have yellow and orange marker buoys I use while fishing. The yellow ones went in the trash - they're invisible on any bright day.

seems that xDeep might have something.... Halcyon? SubGravity?

Anyone with user experience on these?

they offer reddish orange as an option.

My wife swears by (not at) the Halcyon DSMBs. She isn’t DIR, she called it Hogarthian when she learned.

seems that xDeep might have something.... Halcyon?

Anyone with user experience on these?

I use the Orange Halcyon. Just over 4 feet. Fantastic construction. Easy to deploy - folds pretty small. Highly recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom