Lights, camera, action ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Action makes some of the best pictures ... so show us your favorite action shots. Post as many as you like, but please limit them to one photo per post. Tell us a little bit about the picture ... where you took it, what's going on, and why you like this particular shot.

I'll start with one I took at my local mudhole about three years ago. It was in winter, and shortly after dusk, I was swimming around at about 15 fsw in the eelgrass beds, which are a nursery that time of year. Among the critters populating those beds are tubesnouts, little skinny fish about six inches long. As I'm just about ready to take a shot of something else, an opalascent squid darts in front of my camera, snatches a hapless tubesnout, and starts backing out of the eelgrass with it in his grasp. OK ... if you're gonna interrupt my shot, I'll just use you as the subject. I followed him downslope, taking several pictures. This was the one I liked the best ... it won me a trip in a photo contest later that year ...

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 140
What I love about this picture is the fact that the guy with one white and one black flipper and the woman next to him both completely missed the school of bigass fish passing by them cause they where so busy with the little scorpionfish :D

CRW_3255 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom